I feel 70.
Seriously.. there's too much stress in my life right now it's just unbearable.
Six days per week full of lectures, assignments, classworks, tests, researches, pop quizzes, field trips, homeworks and tutorials to name a few.
The seventh day is a day spent studying for the test the next day.
I can't blog or even surf the net very often for that matter. Plus, I have a severe case of writer's block.
Some of my female colleagues crack me up when they complain about the routine and decide that the only way out of this whole thing is -no, not graduating & earning a college degree- but actually getting married to a guy who's filthy rich (even if he's the age of my grandfather) OR a guy in possession of an American citizenship.. He doesn't have to be well mannered, educated or have a good personality. He doesn't have to be a businessman, a doctor or an engineer. He just have to have an American citizenship!!
Yeah, I remember this story about this Sudanese girl my family knows. This Sudanese American guy, whom she has never seen before in her life, and who was at the time still in the States, has asked his mother to find him a bride 'cause he was coming home soon to get married (and yeah, what's up with guys doing that?)
Anywho.. his mom picked (yes literally picked) this specific girl for him. And the minute the girl heard the words 'lives in America' she approved immediately, and by the way she hasn't seen him yet.
So a few months later, the bride is all set for her wedding.. the groom arrives and she finally sees him. I don't know whether he was okay looking or not, but anyway they carry on with their wedding preparations.
Later on she discovers he's a pizza delivery guy. Not that there's anything wrong with being one, just the fact that the girl was shocked since it's common for people like her to think that Sudanese Americans are loaded & living THE life. So the gold digger is sentenced to live with him for the rest of her life, since divorce in Sudan is a taboo & unthinkable, and her family would feel ashamed and might even disown her.
Heeehehe. I guess I deviated a little bit. But ranting is always good :)
LOOL.. thats a good story.. made me feel much better..
ReplyDeleteIts a natural thing in all girls here in Sudan whenever they're too stressed out to just waish for a fast marriage that would re lief us from this.. but if you think bout it,, even Marriage isnt easy! as we say "Kida wob, kida wob" LOL
I'd much rather have difficulties at work than marriage difficulties.. atleast I still do what I WANT to do! hehe!
they think ppl in america get money off trees...what a sick mentality...
ReplyDeletelol, that was funny
ReplyDelete