I don't have to go to school until Saturday.. what a relief.
School was supposed to resume today, but I really wasn't ready for that. I was prepared to give myself two days off to kick back, chill and relaaaaaax.
It's been very stressful this semester.. I barely knew the names of the subjects I was taking before my mid-semester exams.. I know, but what the hell? They expected us to start the academic year the last ten days of Ramadan. & with this overwhelming Sudanese heat in the middle of October it was definitely out of the question. Fasting + heat + Sudan = major disaster.
I only missed 10 days of school, and when I got back it was soon time for exams. Arrrgh.
Anyway, I really hope I'm going somewhere with this major. Biomedical Engineering is a new field here in Sudan, and I'm only in the second batch majoring in my college. One more year left for me & I'm done.. I can't wait!! I'm tired of studying for exams every couple of months and I'm tired of having a 4 week vacation at the end of the year.. it's all just too much to handle, and I've been doing it for three dreadful years. I feel old and worn out, I seriously do.
But when I ask myself what I'm going to do after I'm done with school, my mind goes blank. Really.. what am I going to do?? Thing is, here in Sudan it's very VERY common that you major in something and end up working in something totally irrelevant to what you majored in.
A friend once told me that if you want to work in Sudan all you need to have is an English speaking tongue and a knowledge of how to use the computer.
It's also very sad that it's very normal for you to have a Bachelor's degree in something and end up driving a "reksha".
"It's also very sad that it's very normal for you to have a Bachelor's degree in something and end up driving a "reksha"."
ReplyDeleteSad yet true! When I was in Sudan, one of the " Reksha" drivers I met was a doctor!!!
Don't worry about being stressed.5 years from now, you will miss these days:)
amd you have to be a "kooz" to get a job in a goverment institution..
ReplyDelete