Saturday, December 30, 2006

Execution of Saddam Hussein



It's the first day of Eid El-Adha, and the first thing you see on TV is Saddam's execution, long awaited by millions of people.

Okay, he was a war criminal. He earned his death penalty.
But for his execution to be performed by Americans, and on a day where Muslims are supposed to be celebrating.. Isn't that an insult to the Iraqis themselves? Or perhaps they're overlooking it since they're too busy celebrating Saddam's death and final downfall?
I don't know.
It saddens me that the cruelty of the US government has reached such an extent. On Eid.. really?

Anyway.

We'll never know where Saddam is right now..
It's a fact that if a Muslim is killed by a non-Muslim it automatically makes him/her a martyr. But does that case apply on Saddam?
He was killed by non-Muslims, and alot of people are now considering him a martyr.. but how can anyone be sure though?
He's had his share of killing, massacres and torturing of his own people.. will Allah overlook what he's done in his life just because he was killed by non-Muslims?

I am clueless, & I don't know whether I should be making dua'a for him.

Allah is the only one who can judge.

May Allah give the Iraqis the strength to recover the doings of Saddam.

PS- Read Drima's interesting point of view on Saddam's execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment