Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Childhood Initiative

As a child I've always known that when I grow up I was going to contribute to society by doing something vastly significant, something weighty and momentous. I didn't know what that 'something' was, I just knew it had to be done. After graduating from high school back in 2003 I decided to pursue my college education in Sudan, where I returned after years of living abroad and got to know more about my beautiful Sudanese culture and therein fell in love with my country all over again.
But the things that have been happening in my beloved country, all the blood baths and all the killing of innocent people, are what made me remember the promise I made to myself years ago. That 'significant thing' I've always had an urge to accomplish now descended to merely something trivial I still feel earnestly committed to implement-as a Sudanese and as a Muslim. This sudden diminishing of my childhood dream was mainly due to the fact that I was oblivious of the incidents taking place in my country... this unawareness escalated with time only the end product was my fierce denial, which is why until now the vision of that 'thing' is still vague and blurry to me, as I am still clueless. If you are clueless about what's going on around you, how can you help make things better?
What gave me a head start to create my own blog was principally reading blogs of my fellow Sudanese, as well as coming across the Darfur Awareness [We Blog for Darfur] link where I finally saw a beginning for me to aspire to the attainment of my childhood initiative.

6 comments:

  1. wow your childhood initiative is so well written and so meaningful and strong- I know you are going to do great things! - keep up the great work and Mimz finally is a greatname to decide on but what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere sista.. and Impressive intrance you have there.. We all are tryin to do somethin.. and we're glad u decided to join us..
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sudan fairytale, thanks :)
    Yes, after a long struggle and an endless list of names I have decided to choose Mimz. Some of my friends call me Mimi and so Mimz was short for that.. I don't know I just got tired of searching. :)

    Precious sweets thanks so much for dropping by, your blog is inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimz, welcome aboard:))

    Beautifully-written post.

    Hope your childhood initiative comes back now as strong as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hipster, always a pleasure to have you around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimz, you mashallah amazed me. You really are a good writer. I'll definitely check out your blogs often.

    I applaud you for admitting you're 'clueless' about what that 'something' is yet. It'll come to you and I'm sure whatever it is, you'll be perfect at it :)

    Much love

    ReplyDelete