2008 was a rather interesting year for me. I finally reached the end of the tunnel! After graduating I was flying with joy at the thought of not having to wake up at 6 every morning, or stay up at night writing lengthy assignments, or worry about the graduation dissertation, or have to study for an exam. Yes, it was a great feeling! The first month passed, and I spent a nice vacation in the UAE. The second month I went to South Africa and had loads of fun with old friends of mine. The third month I came back to Sudan and celebrated Eid with family. The fourth month I was busy arranging a trip to Cairo to present a paper at a conference. On the fifth month was the death of my grandfather, just one day shy of the New Year. It was very unfortunate, and I spent an entire month with my grandmother to keep her company.
Today marks the seventh month after graduation… and I gotta say, I am not digging it anymore. I’ve been job hunting for what seems like an eternity, and I’m starting to dread waking up in the morning knowing I have absolutely nothing to look forward to. I decided now would be the best time to catch up on my writing. I’ve been suffering from writer’s block the past year; and I am just starting to recover from it.
I finally got the chance to revisit Egypt. This time I wasn’t able to travel to any other city, I stayed in Cairo for the entire duration of my stay-which was one week. The weather was beautiful. I also got the chance to see Cape Town for the first time, and I have to tell you, if you haven’t been yet you should hop on the first plane there!
Congratulation....
ReplyDeleteOur Sudan needs you, you are the future.
Thank you Ras Babi :)
ReplyDeleteIndeed we are.